How to Conduct Research as an ESS Undergraduate Student
1. Figure out which areas and types of research interest you the most.
2. Find a research opportunity.
- Visit the department's Undergraduate Opportunities page.
- Find out more about your professors' research and ask about opportunities to join their teams.
- Enroll in ESS 191 to find out more about research opportunities in the department.
- Visit the UCI Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program page.
3. Make arrangements with a faculty member. Agree upon the number of hours and units of research that will be completed by the end of the quarter.
4. Complete the Student Safety Training. Upload a pdf of your safety transcript as part of your application.
5. Fill out the Research Application.
6. Fill out the Summer Session "Independent Study (Non-BioSci)" Form and contact your research advisor to receive a signature.
7. Drop off "Independent Study (Non-BioSci)" Form at 3200 Croul Hall for ESS Department Chair's approval.