The Office of Environmental Planning & Sustainability is now accepting applications for a part-time fellow.
This is a paid position sponsored by the UC Office of the President with special assignment supporting the UCI Green Labs program. UCI Green Labs works with principal investigators, lab managers, and students to educate and assist in the implementation of more sustainable practices in campus laboratories.
The fellowship is for one quarter only - winter quarter 2019. Successful applicants will complete a Green Lab Action Plan and a brief document identifying one project unique to lab waste. The fellowship is open to all majors. No prior experience working in laboratories necessary. This position is focused on strong writing skills, helping to develop a formal report documenting the progress of the UCI Green Labs program and identifying strategies for future implementation and growth.
APPLICATION DUE Wednesday, December 12 by 5:00pm. Click HERE to apply.
To view the full application prior to submitting, click HERE.
- Developing UCI’s Green Lab Action Plan, a document created with the goal of setting campus specific targets; documenting the strengths and areas for improvement within sustainable operations of research laboratories via a gap analysis; and outlining actions that can be implemented to further targets.
- Identifying one project unique to lab waste and creating a 2-page document that describes the waste stream, origins of the waste, and strategies and tactics that can be used be used to address the waste.
- Contribute approximately 10-19 hours per week. In order to accommodate schedules, the fellow will be able to divide up their time working in the office and at home.
- Strong skills in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct reports.
- Knowledge of sustainability-related issues.
- Strong organizational skills to manage targeted objectives and deadlines.
- Proven ability to work both independently as well as a member of a team.
- This fellowship is open to all majors. UC Irvine undergraduate and graduate students in any major are encouraged to apply.
- The fellow will be awarded $4,000 for the quarter. Applicants who are currently employed on campus are advised to assess how the award may interact with existing employment commitments.
Questions? Contact Carrie Metzgar | Sustainability & Planning Analyst | firstname.lastname@example.org