The internal deadline for both competitions is 12 noon, October 6, 2017. Please visit the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) website for complete information, including application and eligibility details: DAAD Study Scholarships or DAAD Long-Term Research Grants.
Study Scholarships are available to those who have received an undergraduate degree of all disciplines for study at a German university as part of a postgraduate degree program completed in the home country. Long-Term Research Grants are available to highly qualified candidates who have completed a Master’s degree or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research. *Please Note: applicants for the Short-Term Research Grant and applicants in the artistic fields do not apply via the internal process and should follow application instructions at the DAAD website.
Applicants should ask their reference to:
- Fill out the reference form available on the DAAD portal
- Send the signed reference form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give them a hard-copy of the signed reference form in a sealed envelope
Applicants submit to Graduate Division:
- One (1) set of paper copies or a PDF file of their application summary which is generated from the online application portal. Applicants must first submit all required documents via the online portal in order to receive a PDF version of their application summary for submission for the pre-selection.
- One (1) signed reference in a sealed envelope for the pre-selection. Note that the campus advisor is permitted to open the reference and will mail it to DAAD.
By 12 noon, October 6, 2017, submit:
- Your sealed reference letter to Gina Anzivino in Graduate Division, 120 Aldrich Hall.
- Your paper copies or a PDF file of the application summary to Gina Anzivino in Graduate Division, 120 Aldrich Hall or via email to email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-824-8120.