Students participating in the UC Irvine Biogeochemistry and Climate REU program will receive financial support:
- A $3,600 stipend will be paid directly to the student.
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed directly to the student.
- The department of Earth System Science (ESS) will enroll students in a transferable 3-credit course, Undergraduate Research in Earth System Science (ESS 199). UC Irvine course registration fees will be covered.
- Course materials, including the costs associated with printing the research poster, will be covered.
- ESS will make and cover housing arrangements for participants during the eight-week REU program. ESS will provide an additional $100 per week for meals.