ESS Internal Login
Travel / Reimbursement Forms
Guidelines for Planning a Trip
- Travel related questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (multiple people check this address frequently);
- Travel advances/trip numbers can not be processed except in extreme situations Travel needs to be paid by personal or corporate travel credit cards and reimbursed;
Flights can be booked in 3 ways:
- Book it yourself and wait until you fill out a travel reimbursement form to be reimbursed.
- Book it yourself and ask to be reimbursed through an advance.
Contact the travel store (info below) to have them book the flight for you, and we will reimburse them.
Prior to this, please request a trip number (by emailing email@example.com) because the travel store will need it to book your flight.
- UC Irvine uses the Travel Store to book flights, please contact Kathie Thayer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-930-9292.
- Travel Insurance Form must be completed each time you travel.
- Faculty and Non-Senate Academics (Specialists, Project Scientists, and Researchers of ALL ranks) away for more than 7 days must complete a leave form.
Guidelines for Submitting Travel Reimbursement Forms:
Please submit receipts and papers as stated on the travel form along with a W-9 form for for US citizens/permanent residents if this is your first travel or reimbursement request.
We ask for a W-9 on all reimbursement recipients to verify tax status and TIN number. This is only for reference, not reporting. The information on the W-9 is for our tax records only.
- Please print your mailing address and e-mail clearly
- Be sure to date and sign form at the bottom
- For all airfare receipts please include the ticket number
- If mileage is to be reimbursed, please complete and turn in this Mileage Log Sheet
- Completely tape down all four sides of all receipts on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper for scanning;
- If converting currency, use this site. Use the rate on your first day of travel for all days.
- Turn travel reimbursement requests into the mailbox marked "Travel" in the Earth System Science mailroom (Croul Hall 3200). Or mail to:
Department of Earth System Science
3200 Croul Hall
Irvine, CA 92697-3100