- MEaSUREs Project: Ice Velocity in Antarctica
- Warm Ice Sounder Explorer (WISE)
- ISSM Ice Sheet System Model
- GBMF - Patagonia and West Greenland
- IceBridge Science Team
- ECCO3 Ocean Modeling
- Subaqueous Melting of Greenland Glaciers
- Interdisciplinary Science on Sea Level ...
- IceBridge Alaska
- IceBridge Ice Thickness
- Stability of Larsen C
News & Announcements
Warm Ice Sounder Explorer (WISE)
We have developed a decameter wavelength airborne radar sounder that is capable of penetrating glaciers that are too rough on the surface or warm in the interior for the existing VHF or UHF radar systems. This radar sounder has been tested in the field in two separate campaigns in Alaska and Patagonia. We have operated this radar on different types of aircrafts (Single Otter and Piper Seneca, Twin Otter etc ...). Our radar is a fully coherent radar system with a unique antenna design customized for each plat- form to allow maximum radiation efficiency and detection sensitivity.