Feb 6, 2015 3:01 GMT
UCI study explains different patterns in North American, Eurasian blazes
Jan 29, 2015 1:37 GMT
- Provisional advisor assigned upon entering the program
- Completion of core courses and three quarters of residence
- Principal Advisor in place by the end of the spring quarter
- Research identified, proposed and presented in ESS practicum
- Completion of ESS Comprehensive Exam, with recommendation to continue for the Ph.D.
- Summer research based on practicum proposal, following comprehensive exam.
- International students are expected to pass English exam.
- Appointment of Advancement Committee
- Serve as teaching assistant
- Complete Advancement to Candidacy Examination with recommendation for advancement as Ph.D. candidate
Years 3 through 5
- Complete teaching assistant requirements
- Dissertation research and writing
- Submission of an acceptable doctoral dissertation
- Dissertation defense