- 18th International Radiocarbon Conference, Wellington, New Zealand
In publications you can find the respective PDF files for the papers submitted in this meeting.
“Magnesium perchlorate as an alternative water trap in AMS graphite sample preparation: a report on sample preparation at the KCCAMS Facility at the University of California , Irvine ”, G.M. Santos et al; p.32(P-1-45).
“Ion source development at the KCCAMS Facility, University of California , Irvine ”,J. Southon and G.M. Santos; p.41(P-2-71).
“The Keck Carbon Cycle AMS Laboratory, University of California , Irvine : two installations, initial operation, and a background surprise”, J. Southon et al; p.23(11-C-1).
“Radiocarbon measurements in monthly coral bands during the 1760s from the Eastern equatorial Pacific Ocean : Ventilation chamges in the upper ocean annual and lomger timescales”, E. Druffel et al; p. 24(12-C-3).
- MC-SNICS Workshop, National Electrostatics Corp., Middleton, WI, USA
NSF has funded AMS labs at University of California, Irvine, University of Arizona, and Woods Hole to work together with NEC on developments and improvements of the MC-SNICS source. A small ion source workshop was held at the NEC plant on Nov. 3-4, 2003 to discuss problem areas and to come up with an initial set of modifications that the three labs could try. Changes already implemented at other labs were also discussed, and there were also presentations on the high-intensity LLNL source and the new PRIME "rabbit" sample changer source. The following link will download a PDF file containing the sumarized dicussions reported during the workshop.
- 38th Annual Meeting of SNEAP, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
SNEAP provides a forum for techinical staff to engage in discussions and information exchange regarding the day-to-day pratical problems associated with the operation of particles accelerators.
The symposium focused on opening a dialogue among experts in order to discuss new trends and technologies; with the hope that this would promote research collaboration between laboratories in IAEA Member States.
- IAEA 2005 paper - The following link will download a PDF file containing the paper submitted in this meeting.
- 10th International Conference on Accelerator Mass Spectrometry, Berkeley, California
“Ultra small-mass 14C-AMS sample preparation and analysis at the KCCAMS Faclitity” G.M. Santos et al.; p.81 (P-II D19).
“ Evaluation of iron and cobalt powder brands as suitable catalysts for 14C-AMS target preparation” G.M. Santos et al.; p.83 (P-II D25).
“Exploring the minimum sample size limit for CSRA: Lessons from Water column” A. Pearson et al.; p.46 (CMPD 3).
“Life with MC-SNICS Part II: recent ion source development at the Keck Carbon Cycle AMS Facility” J.R. Southon and G.M. Santos; p.3 (IONS 6)
- 19th International Radiocarbon Conference, Keble College, Oxford
“Technical progress in AMS 14C-AMS sample preparation at the KCCAMS Faclitity: Status report and performance of small samples ” G.M. Santos et al.; p.171 (118 P-66).
“Delta14C of Dissolved Inorganic Carbon in surface seawater from a time-series site of Southern California" G.M. Santos et al.; p.247 (183 P-32).
“Improving MC-SNICS: recent ion source development at the Keck Carbon Cycle AMS Facility”. J.R. Southon and G.M. Santos; p.309 (229 P-78).
"Delta 14C of atmospheric CO2 over the subtropical and equatorial Pacific from fall 2002 to winter 2004". X. Xu et al; p. 267.
- AGU FALL MEETING - 11 to 15 December 2006, Moscone West, San Francisco , CA , USA
- II International Symposium of the "The peopling of the Americas", December 16 to 22, 2006 at the Capivara National Park, São Raimundo Nonato, Piauí, Brazil.
“14C-AMS as a tool for archaeological investigation: Implications for Human Settlement in South America". G.M. Santos et al. Invited paper ( PDF file
- AGU Fall Meeting 10-14 December 2007 Moscone West, San Francisco, CA
“A new Reconstruction for the Onset of the Younger Dryas: Evidence From Speleothem, Tree Ring, and Marine Varve 14C Archives and Greenland Ice Core Proxies” John Southon et al.
“Multi-Isotope (13C, 14C, D/H) Insights into Abrupt Climate Shifts in the Tropical Atlantic Basin ” N. Drenzek et al.
“Temporal Dynamics of Terrestrial Organic Matter Transfer to the Ocean” N. Drenzek et al.
“Radiocarbon Variability in the Tropical Pacific During the Last Millennium” Zaunbrecher, L K et al.
“Seasonal Isotope Records in a Galapagos Coral: Indications of Large Shifts in Circulation and Climate During the Early 1800s” E R Druffel et al.
“Bomb Radiocarbon and the Suess Effect in Palmyra Corals During the Past 100 Years” K C Druffel-Rodriguez et. al
“Temporal Dynamics of Terrestrial Organic Matter Transfer to the Ocean” N Drenzek et al.
“The diel patterns of soil respiration in four arid California ecosystems: fluxes, sources and hypotheses” M Carbone et. al
“Plant and Microbial Controls on Soil Respiration in a Western Forest ” D Serio et al.
“Experimental thawing of permafrost changes carbon cycling attributes in tussock tundra in N. Alaska ” N Nowinski et al.
“Potential for Abrupt Changes in Soil Carbon” S. Trumbore
“∆14C of Atmospheric CO2 over the Subtropical and Equatorial Pacific and at Point Barrow, Alaska ” X Xu et al.
- 11 th International Conference on Accelerator Mass Spectrometry, Rome, Italy
- “The Phytolith 14C puzzle: a tale of background determinations and accuracy tests” G.M. Santos et al.
- “Bone Preparation at the KCCAMS Laboratory” Will Beaumont et al.
- “Dating Stratified Settlement Sites at Kom K and Kom W: 5 th Millennium BCE 14C Ages for the Egyptian Fayum Neolithic” Willeke Wendrich et al.
- “Carbon Isotope Measurements of Surface Seawater from a time-series site off Southern California” Elise N. Hinger et al.
- Gordon Research Conference, Organic Geochemistry, Holderness, New Hampshire
- “ 14C and 13C characteristics of suspended populations in an oligotrophic water column” Druffel ERM et al.
- Ocean Sciences Meeting, 2-7 March 2008, Orlando, Florida
- “Variations in the Reservior Age of NE Pacific Over 6,000 Years Suggest Changes in Ocean Circulation – Linked to Climate” G.V. Irvine et. al.
- “Enso Records in Tropical Pacific Corals From Stable Isotope and Radiocarbon Measurements” E R Druffel et. al.
- AGU Fall meeting – 15-19 December 2008, The Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA
- “Holocene Radiocarbon Dates on Coexisting Benthic and Planktic Foraminifera Shells in the Subarctic North Pacific” M H Davies et. al
- “Another View of Anomalous Deglacial Radiocarbon Transients in the Pacific Ocean ” A C Mix et. al
- “Radiocarbon values of black carbon using the benzene polycarboxylic acid method” L Ziolkowski et. al
- “UV-Induced Serial-oxidations of Marine Dissolved Organic Carbon (DOC) and Biogeochemical Implications” S R Beaupre et. al
- 20 th International Radiocarbon Conference, Kona, Hawaii
- “The KCCAMS Laboratory, University of California: Status Report” Robert K. Beverly et al.
- “Blank Assessment for ultra-small samples: extraction chemistry vs. AMS” Guaciara M. Santos et al.
- “Is the Consensus Value of ANU Sucrose (C-6) Too High?” Xiaomei Xu et al.
- “Anomalous 14C Ages on 612 BCE Human Skeletons From Ancient Nineveh: Alternative Explanations” R.E. Taylor et al.
- “Compound-Specific Radiocarbon Analyses in Oceanic Sediment Using Preparative Capillary Gas Chromatographic and AMS Techniques” Druffel ERM et al.
- “Daily Variability of Dissolved Inorganic Radiocarbon in Surface Waters at a Time-Series Sit in the Northeast Pacific Ocean” Druffel ERM et al.
- “An Alternate Method of Diluting Dissolved Organic Carbon (DOC) High Concentrate Samples for 14C Analysis” Shiela Griffin et al.
- “∆ 14C of Atmospheric CO2 at Point Barrow, Alaska” Xiaomei Xu et al.
- “A Comparison of Cellulose Extraction and ABA Pretreatment Methods for 14C AMS Dating” John Southon et al.
- “Progress in the Extension and Update of the INTCAL04, MARINE04, and SHCAL 04 Radiocarbon Calibration Curves” P J Reimer et al.
- AGU Fall Meeting -14-18 December 2009, Moscone Convention Center, San Francisco, CA
- “A North Pacific View of Holocene Paleomagnetic Secular Variation” M.H. Davies et al.
- “Accurate decadal-resolution SST chronologies from deep-sea sediments spanning recent millennia” P.B. DeMenocal et al.
- “A Record of Deglacial Atmospheric 14C based on Hulu Cave Speleothems” A.L. Magana et al.
- 1 06th Annual Meeting, and Pacific Section, American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- “Testing Modern Controls on Seasonal 14C Variations in Seawater DIC and Mythilius Californianus Shells: The Potential for a New Upwelling Proxy” Kathleen R. Johnson et al.
- AGU/ASLO Ocean Sciences Meeting, Portland, Oregon
- “HPLC purification of higher plant-derived lignin phenols for radiocarbon dating” E. E. Ellis et al.
- “Compound specific radiocarbon analyses in sediments from the Northeast Pacific” ER Druffel et. al
- Goldschmidt Conference, Knoxville, Tennessee
- “Developing radiocarbon within California mollusk shells as a proxy of upwelling intensity” J. Ferguson et al.
- AGU of Americas, Foz de Iguassu, Brazil
- “Is DIC ∆ 14C Still a Useful Tracer for Observing Changes in Upwelling? Time series of Carbon Isotopes in Surface Seawater from a Southern California Coastal Site” G.M. Santos et al.